Sunday, October 07, 2012

My small, stupid, romantic soul


We undersold our dreams, our friends, our souls..
What can we do with the friends who betrayed us? What can we do with all those who betray aand hurt just like that, with no reason, with no excuse?
I don't want anymore of those and I don't want all who have been in my life with an expiration date..
I'm not a tin, I don't want tins. I want people real, who mean everything they say and don't undersell relationships special and rare..
People who mean the "i love you"s and know to appreciate the friendship that they offer and receive..
And if they sold us, I now undersell, loves and dreams, eternal friendships and words that fly..
No more fake interest, no more ego and in God's name, no more promises..
Words and hypocricy came and choked me..the glass got full and I got lost in words decorated with ribbons..
In the end, naked truth is all that is left, so much that a human soul cannot bear..
It's the complaint that is drowning me, it's that I lose all those that I've invested soul on and got lies in return..
It's that it took me long to understand and I saw the truth in front of me, shattering..
My small, stupid, romantic soul, that you feared of people and you turned fear into steps to climb and see things clearly and you faced glances that had nothing to tell you anymore..
I wonder, did they ever talk to you or was it everything a creation of your thirsty need?
We've had enough of friends who look only of themselves, we satisfied our thirst showered in wine by everything that had been heard in the name of friendship..
We undersold because circumstances imposed humility and simplicity..
What we got and what we gave, let them go to hell, someone else is gonna come..
We will sell again flourishes and superiority until the river passes and takes evrything with rabid intensity..
A bridge is gonna collapse and the past is gonna shatter..
We will wash in the running water and unwounded we shall move forward and joke ourself that nothing happened and we'll forget deepened in our routine..
We'll drown our truth into barels with the water of oblivion..
What if some people hurt and some get hurt?
For what friendship are you talking to me about?
For what endless nights were you telling me?
For what special people were you saying?
We undersell, the few that we have left, because even they have ended up in pain..
I stick with my mistakes, my "why"s and my memories...

xoxo
B.

Dick Buitenhuis –   – (October 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM)  

They say: "Actions speak louder than words" and that's most obvious in matters of friendship and love!!! ... Many times words turn out to be empty and only spoken to ease your mind! ... Your words on the other hand are loaded with meaning, words of extreme heartache, words of disappointment, words of hope!
The answer to your "Why?" is to me certainly not because of your mistakes, but because of misplaced trust in beautyful words from people, who turned out to be much more interested in their own needs then in yours!
Genuine care and interest, words that are followed up by actions, seem a rarety these days!

The fault is not to be found within yourself, but in the selfish society we created, I think!

Rest assured there are definitely people in your heart who truly deserve to be there! xxx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Labels

1000 challenge (4) almonds (1) andrews sisters (1) angel (1) angie aparo (1) apple (2) arvanitaki (1) barcelona (2) beach (1) birthday (1) bread (2) brownie (1) bruno mars (1) butter (1) cake (2) cancer (2) caramel (1) cesaria evora (1) charity (1) chessecake (1) chocolate (9) christmas (13) climb (1) coffee (2) cookies (8) cooking (23) dean martin (1) decoration (5) dessert (21) devil's food cake (1) dolce gusto (1) drink (1) easter (3) fashion (1) fitness (2) frank sinatra (1) gaynor (1) gingerbread (1) giving (1) gnocchi (1) God (2) gorgonzola (1) greece (2) hazelnut (1) health (3) heart (14) home (3) honey cakes (1) hot (1) ian harding (1) island (1) italian (1) jesse brisendine (1) landscape (1) learning (1) lefkada (1) lemon (1) London (3) louboutin (1) love (14) marshmallows (1) mascarpone (1) memories (3) men (2) mood (16) muffins (1) mushrooms (1) mwah (1) November (1) open heart surgery (1) ornaments (2) paella (1) paul walker (2) pepper (1) pictures (1) pie (1) pll (1) prunes (1) psychology (11) quinoa (1) raspberries (1) recipe (24) resolutions (2) rice (1) roww (1) salad (1) salt pepper (1) secret garden (1) shoes (1) sia (1) song (6) sorry (1) soul (23) spain (2) stress (1) sugar buns (1) sugar cookies (1) summer (1) sungha jung (1) survive (1) sweet (1) swirls (1) thoughts (9) tiramisu (1) tom's drag (1) travel (6) UK (2) vegetables (1) walnuts (1) welcome (1) wishes (3) wonderland (1)

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP